A good idea matured on a fertile ground
Tophi was founded in Hamburg in 1978 as an importer. The intrinsic Hanseatic commercial culture of Hamburg had seemed to be the ideal environment to concentrate the business on provision of German trade with wines. The company grew and prospered. The acquisition of “WSK – Wein- und Sektkellerei Ostrau” on the outskirts of Dresden in the mid-90’s gave Tophi further burst. The company bottled its own wines, created its own products and supplied the new markets of Eastern Europe, which were just around the corner. Experience accumulated over many years, acquired ability to go ahead of the trends, and its high-quality standards, allowed Tophi to evolve into one of the leading importers and distributors on the wine market.
Strong roots bring about further success
Since October 2014 defines Maximilian Brandner as CEO the future of Tophi GmbH . Company has quickly established itself as one of the leading full-service providers on the market of wines and spirits. This success is based on the highest quality standards and certifications, a distinct spirit of innovation with the intuitive understanding of trends, as well as a responsible product policy. Our national and international customers recieve an all-around service from a single source: purchasing, production, quality management, marketing, sales, and logistics. Besides wines and spirits, Tophi’s product range also includes sparkling wines, liqueurs and wine-based drinks.
Trust and Quality are the foundation of global growth
We maintain permanent personal communication with our suppliers on six continents. The trust thus established is the basis of our global purchasing, the core of our business, ensuring consistent high quality and product diversity. At the same time, our own dedication to permanent high quality is enhanced through in-house laboratory analyses, legally required wine evaluations and sensory tests. For this purpose, we have also invest in state of art bottling and storage facilities. With our new sales and marketing structure, we are now well equipped to further strengthen and expand our position on the international market.
Only the best is good enough for our customers
Our statement “we are the best partner for wines, spirits and more” is not empty promise. Our actions ensure the validity of this statement.
We are the best partner because:
- we offer a customised products, pricing and brand concepts,
- we set the highest value on quality management,
- we tailor product training to the needs of our customers,
- we deliver the best “price-quality” ration
- we are always looking for innovative products so that our customers be better placed on the consumer markets,
- as an experienced logistics specialist, we ensure the merchandise is safely shipped to its destination either by land, sea or rail transport,
- we maintain long-term relationships with our business partners and thus offer them a reliable service
Data & Facts
We don’t want to brag, but…
… the most important number is 150! Since Tophi owes its recent success to the 150 employees located in Hamburg and Ostrau. As a motivated team, we simply provide the facts which prove global scale of company#s operations:
- our entire operating area covers 55,000 square metres, the area of our
warehouse for finished merchandise covers 21,500 square metres
- our warehouse contains stainless steel tanks with a volume of 6.5 million litres
- we bottle around 75-85 million bottles per year
- our production capacity reaches nearly 100 million units per year
- we have four state-of-the-art production lines, one of them is for bag-in-box system
- we ship our merchandise to 40 countries on six continents
- we have IFS certification and meet the guidelines of the DLG
- we are authorised to bottle organically grown wine in accordance with “EC
control system – control DE-032 for organic farming”
- we have the possibility to license vegan products
TOPHI wine & spirits’ team incorporates many people. In order to give you an idea who is taking care of your inquires please find here pictures of some our team members, based at one of our two locations. Even though they are portrayed here in black and white, in real life they are present in colour and flesh to handle all your queries, needs and wants.
Key Account Manager
National Key Account Manager
Sales Department Export
Sales Department National
Sales Department Export & National
Sales Department Export & National
Purchasing & Quality Assurance Manager
Head of Purchasing
Jens von Appen
Head of Logistics